Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Marvel Comics & the Passover Plagues

With Passover upon us, I got to musing how the plagues in the passover story would make great inspiration for some Marvel Comics Supervillains. So I did some checking online, and sure enough, almost every plague has it's corresponding supervillain. Sometimes it's a stretch, but there's enough correspondence for me to make my point! So, in the spirit of passover, here they are: the Marvel Comics supervillain equivalents of the Passover Plagues.

The Plague of the Pharoah (why not? Even though he's not regarded as a plague, he should be): Pharoah

Plague of Locusts: The Locust

Plague of Dead Livestock, Dead Fish, and Boils: The Plague (Bubonicus)

Plague of Dead Livestock, Dead Fish, and Boils (another version): Bacillus

Plague of Frogs: Leap Frog

Plague of Flaming Hail (well, actually just flame; I couldn't find flaming hail): Flame

Plague of Darkness: Dweller-In-Darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment